Saturday, February 18, 2012

Una mas cerveza por favor!

Sorry, I'm slacking on the pictures today.

So for a month now, Merideth and I have been looking for a Mexican restaurant so we can get margaritas and cheese dip. There's not a single REAL Mexican place in Portland:

El Rayo Taqueria - Had awesome designer margaritas, but the food was designer too. Queso fundita was more meat than cheese.
Margaritas - Cheese "dip" was more melted shreds than creamy goodness, and the food was still high end American/Mexican.
Tic-Taco - If I have to explain this one, you won't get it anyways (it's too hipster).

So today we weren't too hopeful when we went to Casa Fiesta down in Biddeford ......until we walked in the door. The decor was upscale (I guess it has to be to compete in a rich beach town), but there were 5 people at the host stand talking to each other in SPANISH!!!! I hadn't even heard Spanish since I left good ol' Georgia.

This is how else we knew it was going to be good:
- server didn't know what the word "pitcher" meant (thought we were saying "peach," no, thanks, not in MY margarita)
- the salsa wasn't chunky, and the chips were yellow
- you could order by number! and had an "a-la-carte" menu
- cheese dip on the menu, was labeled "cheese dip"
- the up-charge was for changing beef to chicken, not the other way around

They've only been open since August. If they don't make it, I might have to move home.

4 comments:

  1. Are you jelly that I can go to El Nineteen and have spoon much chorus-queso and caldo de pollo whenever I want?

    You should be. Come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **el jinete
    ***sooo much
    **** chori-queso

    Autocorrect. Did I tell you I got an EVO 3D?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, actually I got all of those :D
      Yes, I'm extremely jealous!!!!!
      I don't want to come home... I really like it here :)

      I saw that you did on fabo... is it awesome?!

      Delete
  3. It's pretty cool... I can take pictures in 3D... Other than that its mostly like any smart phone

    ReplyDelete